After over a year in development, I am psyched to announce the launch of two new products in our Mad Hungry line: The ‘Mad Mixer’ Multi-Function Hand Blender and the 2-piece ‘Lip & Loop’ Mixing Bowl Set. Like everything we produce, these two products have been battle-tested on the frontlines of a hardworking home kitchen and have faced almost every test my three-meal-day scullery can throw at it.
More information about the Mad Mixer:
The Mad Mixer is a hand blender, simplified. Compact and easy to hold, yet immensely powerful with its 350 watt dc output, this piece comes without all the bells and whistles extraneously found on many similar products. I really wanted to take this tool and make it accessible and easy-to-use for your everyday home-cook (it has endless applications), and I think that we succeeded.
Tune in to QVC at 3:05 pm eastern today and tomorrow at noon eastern to watch it in action
Available online here: www.qvc.com/Mad-Hungry-Multi-Function-Hand-Blender.product.K48998.html
Reclaim your favorite takeout options with the Mad Mixer: In the last couple days I’ve made broccoli soup infinitely better than what’s offered at my local deli counter, hummus that’s head and shoulders tastier than what’s from my supermarket’s refrigerated section, and (my personal favorite) frothed warm milk for my morning joe that outshines any cappuccino to be had at a coffee shop.
More information about the Lip & Loop Mixing Bowl set:
The Lip & Loop Mixing Bowl is the second offering in our new line of ceramics. These multifunctional prep bowls offer a loop for your hand that permits easy maneuvering of the bowl while mixing, whipping, folding, or smashing. This set is ideal for both wet and dry mixes; the lip permits easy pouring of the wet mixture into the dry mixture or into the pan.
Tune in to QVC at 1:42 pm eastern today (3.16.19) to watch it in action
Available online here: www.qvc.com/Mad-Hungry-2-Piece-LipnLoop-Mixing-Bowl-with-Lids.product.K48001.html
I am humbled by everyone’s support and if you find yourself enjoying any of these products and have some extra time, we’d be so grateful if you could review them on qvc.com as positive reviews do so much to insure a young product’s success.
Recipe of the Day: Salsa Verde
This simple salsa is an excellent way to take the Mad Mixer through its paces, not to mention excellent for this green-loving spring/St. Paddy’s day weekend! Dip with chips, put on your chicken enchiladas, or use for a green pot of chili – this is the delicious green salsa that is on the table at every Mexican restaurant. Recipe below and link here:
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husks removed, thoroughly washed
- 1/2 medium white onion, quartered lengthwise and halved crosswise
- 2 jalapenos, stems removed
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lime (2 tablespoons)
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. When pan begins to smoke, add tomatillos, onion, jalapenos, and garlic. Blister vegetables, turning frequently, until blackened in places but still firm, 5 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a food processor along with cilantro, salt, and sugar and pulse until very finely chopped.
- Transfer to a small saucepan and add chicken broth. Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened slightly, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in lime juice, and cool to room temperature.
- Salsa can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Makes 3 cups.