Breakfast Sausage Puffs
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 18 cooked breakfast sausages, about 1 pound
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees with rack in center position.
- Roll out puff pastry to 12-inch square. Brush maple syrup over entire surface.
- Cut dough into thirds in each direction and then cut each square in half diagonally, ending with 18 triangles. Place a breakfast sausage link on the lower third of each triangle and roll up, making sure to place each tip-side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk egg and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl until lightly beaten. Brush each puff with egg wash and bake for 16 to 18 minutes until golden brown.