Chocolate-Hazelnut Orange Wontons
- 16 wonton skins, (thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from one orange)
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- 1 orange, cut into segments, for serving
1. Lay wonton skins out on a work surface. Spoon 1 scant tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread onto each wonton. Brush the edges with water using a pastry brush. Lay a wonton wrapper over top and seal, pressing together with fingers.
2. Using a round 2 1/2-inch cookie cutter or a glass, cut the wontons into circles, discarding the excess dough.
3. Heat a 10-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Add water and butter to melt. Add chocolate wontons. Cover and simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove cover and let the liquid evaporate. Zest orange over top of the wontons in the pan. Cook over medium heat until the bottoms of the wontons become crispy and release from the pan. (They will stick at first, and will release once they are ready.) Use a flat spatula to help release them. Remove to a plate.
4. Serve warm over ice cream with orange segments.