Creamy Polenta with Goat Cheese
Polenta is a great carb-starch to match with saucy Italian foods. Here, served soft and loose, it makes a great accompaniment to Chicken Livornese (page 176).
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound quick-cooking polenta (2 2/3 cups)
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a medium-size saucepan. Add salt and slowly add polenta, in a thin stream, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Continue whisking until thick and creamy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheeses and butter. Serve immediately.