Flavored Cheese Balls
Make all 3 flavors of cheese balls or prepare just 1 or 2, adjusting the ingredients accordingly.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 5 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
CHEDDAR AND CRANBERRY
- 8 ounces sharp orange cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons store-bought chutney
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Water crackers, for serving
ROQUEFORT AND WALNUT
- 6 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips Sweets & Beets), for serving
GOAT CHEESE AND SCALLIONS
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, for serving
BASIC CHEESE BALL
- Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined. Divide equally among 3 medium bowls.
CHEDDAR AND CRANBERRY CHEESE BALL
- Stir cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl. Form into a ball. Roll cheese ball in cranberries to coat before serving. Serve with crackers.
ROQUEFORT AND WALNUT CHEESE BALL
- Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy, if desired. Form into a ball. Roll in walnuts to coat before serving. Serve with chips.
GOAT CHEESE AND SCALLIONS CHEESE BALL
- Stir goat cheese and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl. Form into a ball. Roll in parsley to coat before serving. Serve with cucumber slices.
If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month.