Greek Yogurt Cake
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Orange supremes, for garnish
- Toasted walnuts, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in middle position. Butter and flour a 9-by-3-inch springform pan.
2. In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, stir together yogurt and honey.
4. Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to stand mixer bowl in three additions, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. Transfer batter to prepared pan, smooth top, and bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer cake to wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with orange supremes and walnuts.