Papaya has a slight muskiness that makes it a good partner for both mild and assertive ingredients. Coupling it with mint gives this quick-to-fix smoothie a bright, clean taste.
- 2 1/2 cups papaya (Solo or Mexican) chunks
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 16 fresh mint leaves, plus 4 sprigs for garnis
- Refrigerate papaya until very cold, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Blend papaya, ice, yogurt, ginger, honey, and lemon juice in a blender. Add up to 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth and thinned to desired consistency. Blend in mint leaves. Garnish with mint sprigs.