Soft-Boiled Eggs with Toast
This filling, protein-packed meal takes just minutes to prepare.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices bread, well-toasted
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Boil a saucepan of water. Slowly lower the eggs into the pan on a slotted spoon (to not crack on the bottom). Cook for 4 minutes. Remove and place in cold water. Meanwhile toast the bread and spread with butter.
- Scoop the eggs into a small bowl. Break the bread into pieces and add to the bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir the eggs and toast together until the toast is coated with yolk.