This classic Indian drink, called a "lassi," is made with yogurt and provides a cool foil to curries, including our Shrimp Masala. This version gets its richness from pistachios and a hint of spice from fresh ginger.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup salted pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 ice cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Blend yogurt, water, ginger, salted pistachios, pepper, and ice cubes until smooth. Divide among glasses. Garnish with finely chopped pistachios.