Cranberry-Almond Green Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
Crumble blue cheese over the top of this simple salad for a nice complement to the nuts and fruit.
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried red cranberries
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Dash of honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces blue cheese (optional)
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, almonds, and cranberries.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine mustard, honey, lemon juice, and olive oil. Cover tightly and shake well to combine and emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste, and shake again before serving.
- Pour dressing on salad and toss salad to coat. Crumble blue cheese on top, if using.