Herb Pita Crisps
Crisp homemade pita chips entice guests while the cook puts the finishing touches on the meal.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 pitas (each 3 1/2 inches), split
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter pitas and sprinkle with chives, salt, and pepper. Cut each into quarters. Divide between two baking sheets. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cool. Store in an airtight container up to 1 day.