Honey-Roasted Salted Figs
Dried figs with a salty-sweet coating and clusters of red grapes are a refreshing dessert. Although tiny, each item is abundant in flavor.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 1/4 cup honey
- 10 ounces dried Turkish figs
- 10 ounces dried Black Mission figs
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 small bunches assorted grapes, such as red and champagne
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Whisk 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil and 1/4 cup honey in a large bowl. Add 10 ounces each of dried Turkish and Black Mission figs; toss to coat.
2. Arrange figs in a single layer on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt. Roast until fragrant and caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes. 3. Immediately loosen figs from sheet with a metal spatula. Let figs cool slightly, loosening again after 5 minutes. Transfer to a platter, and serve with assorted grapes.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: