Peas and Pearl Onions
- 10 ounces red pearl onions
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen petite green peas
- 1/2 cup small fresh mint leaves
1. Cut an X in stem end of each onion. Cook in salted boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes. Drain, and peel.
2. Heat butter and water in a pan over medium-high heat. Add onions, and cook for 4 minutes. Stir in peas and 3/4 teaspoon salt, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in mint. Serve immediately.