Spiced Corn on the Cob
This method of preparing corn on the cob keeps it full of flavor and is a great alternative to roasting it.
- 6 to 8 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole Scotch bonnet pepper (any color) or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic
1. Cut each shucked ear of corn into 2-inch pieces and place in a pot just large enough to fit the corn snugly. Add enough water to cover the corn.
2. Add the salt, black pepper, Scotch bonnet pepper, butter, and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. 3. Simmer for 30 minutes. Check periodically to make sure the water level remains the same. Add more water as needed. Rotate the corn in the pot for even cooking.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: