Spiced Corn on the Cob
- 6 to 8 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole Scotch bonnet pepper (any color) or 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic
1. Cut each shucked ear of corn into 2-inch pieces and place in a pot just large enough to fit the corn snugly. Add enough water to cover the corn.
2. Add the salt, black pepper, Scotch bonnet pepper, butter, and garlic. Bring to a boil over high heat, cover, and reduce the heat to medium-low. 3. Simmer for 30 minutes. Check periodically to make sure the water level remains the same. Add more water as needed. Rotate the corn in the pot for even cooking.