Easy Arborio Rice
This firm, short-grain rice gets its name from the Italian town of Arborio and goes well with Chicken Livornese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Heat oil in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add onions and salt and saute until onions are translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add rice and garlic to pan and saute until rice is toasted and fragrant, 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water to pan. Bring to a boil, stir once, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer rice, covered, until liquid is evaporated, 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.