- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/3-inch pieces
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 3 tablespoons candied ginger, minced, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Ginger cookie thins, for garnish
1. In a small saucepan, combine pears, lemon juice, cinnamon stick, cloves, ginger, and apple juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 4 minutes until pears are crisp-tender. Transfer to a bowl and let cool to room temperature.
2. Remove cinnamon stick and cloves before assembling the parfait.
3. In a large bowl, whip cream to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, mix mascarpone with vanilla and maple syrup and fold into cream.
4. Divide half the pears between 4 glasses and top with half the mascarpone mixture. Repeat layers with remaining pears and cream, and garnish with candied ginger and ginger cookies.