Seared Soy-Sesame Arctic Char
Arctic char, a tasty fi sh with beautiful melon-colored flesh, can substitute for brook trout, Tasmanian ocean trout, or even salmon, but it’s an excellent choice of fish to eat as it is presently sustainable (see page 169).
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 6-ounce piece of Arctic char
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, honey, and sesame oil. Season the fish with salt and pepper and brush with half of the sauce.
- Heat a small cast-iron skillet over high heat. Sear the fish skin side up for 4 minutes. Pour the remaining sauce over the fish and swirl the sauce around the pan. Carefully turn the fish, spoon the sauce over the top, and cook for 3 more minutes, until the fish is just cooked through. Serve immediately.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: