Nothing melts in the mouth like baked bananas. Served with any kind of cream topping, it is a simple, unsurpassed dessert. Adjust the ingredients to your personal taste.
- 2 bananas
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthwise. Lay the pieces into a buttered 9-by-13-by-2-inch ovenproof dish.
- Pour the lime juice and rum evenly over the bananas. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Dot on the butter, if using, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot, topped with a tablespoon of fresh cream or ice cream.