Blanched Spinach with Olive Oil and Lemon
This vegetable side is simple and light -- the perfect accompaniment to a hearty meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds baby spinach leaves, washed, with water still clinging to leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- In a medium sauce pot over medium heat, add the spinach leaves and cook just until wilted.
- In a medium saute pan on medium high heat, add extra virgin olive oil, then minced garlic. Saute 30 seconds.
- Immediately pull spinach from pot and add it to saute pan with garlic. Saute 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and squeeze 1/2 lemon juice over top. Serve.