Cape Cod and Collins Jiggle Shots
Here grown-up meets coed in a cocktail. More specifically, Mom gets schooled by her son Calder. Yes, these jiggly “shots” are usually the domain of bars in college-town USA, but those are made from neon-powdered Jell-O. Instead, we take a couple of classic cocktails and jiggle them up in a nod to college-party fun.
- 1 1/2 cups lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups pure cranberry juice (no sugar added)
- 2 envelopes gelatin
- 2 1/4 cups simple syrup, hot
- 2 cups vodka, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 32 (3-ounce) disposable plastic cups
- Place lemonade and cranberry juice in separate large heatproof bowls and sprinkle 1 envelope of gelatin over each. Let stand until gelatin blooms, about 5 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup hot simple syrup into lemonade and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour remaining 1 1/4 cups simple syrup into cranberry juice and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Divide vodka evenly between juices and stir to combine. Stir lemon juice into lemonade mixture.
- Place plastic cups on a rimmed baking sheet. Divide juices evenly among cups. Refrigerate until set, at least 8 hours. Jiggle shots can be made and stored, covered, in a refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Simple syrup is made from a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water. Keep on heat until sugar dissolves.
Photo by Jonathan Lovekin