Chicken Alfredo with Fettuccine
This classic Italian dish includes fettuccine tossed with butter and Parmesan cheese, and it's quick and easy to make. U.S. versions of the dish may include chicken or shrimp. Whatever your choice, with three simple steps in our chicken alfredo recipe, you'll have a hearty dinner on the table in no time!
- 1 pound chicken
- Coarse salt
- Ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 pound fettucine
- Cut chicken in strips. Season with salt and white pepper and saute in butter. Meanwhile in a separate pot, simmer garlic cloves in cream for 10 minutes.
- Pour cream into pan with chicken, removing garlic cloves. Stir in Parmesan. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve with extra Parmesan.