Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup
The hot peppers in this dish are balanced by the cool, soothing coconut milk, leaving you with a refreshing combination of flavors.
- 3 3/4 cup light coconut milk (30 ounces)
- 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 to 4 Thai Dragon chiles (red, green, or a combination), thinly sliced into rings, plus a sprig for garnish
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, shredded, plus more leaves for garnish
- Bird chiles, for garnish
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add chicken and lemongrass. Reduce to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and Dragon chiles, and cook until heated through, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice, fish sauce, and shredded cilantro. Garnish with cilantro leaves and Bird chiles. Serve immediately.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: