Cucumber, Red Onion, and Dill Salad
Try the cool crunchy bite of this colorful cucumber salad with Brined and Fried Chicken (page 170) for a tasty complement of flavors and textures.
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 English cucumbers, peeled and cut in half lengthwise, sliced into half moons
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- In the bottom of a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and salt. Toss in the cucumbers, red onions, and fresh dill. Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes.
Seeding Cucumbers: Regular cucumbers and even some so-called seedless ones can have a watery, fibrous inside. To remove the seeds, slice the cuke lengthwise in half. Using the tip of a teaspoon, channel out the seeds by scraping from top to bottom.