Grande Pizza Omelet
Put a twist on this open-faced omelet by using your favorite greens, such as spinach or kale, in place of the Swiss chard.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 large bunch Swiss chard, ends trimmed, stems thinly sliced, leaves cut into 1-inchs strips
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3-4 ounces cheddar, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick (oven-safe) over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onion to pan and season with salt. Saute onion for 2 minutes and add chopped tomato. Stir and cook 1 minute. Add Swiss chard and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove to plate and return the pan to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Crack 1 dozen eggs into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon Sriracha. Whisk eggs together and pour into pan. Allow eggs to set a bit. Using a spatula, pull eggs away from sides of pan and allow raw egg to flow underneath. Cook until the eggs are almost fully set. Spread the chard over top. Sprinkle cheese on top and broil for minute, until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked through.