Grilled Latin-Style Skirt Steak
If you're looking for a great steak dinner without breaking the bank, try marinating an inexpensive cut of meat. This marinade imparts a vibrant flavor with a distinctly Latin influence. Serve grilled onions and peppers alongside the steak.
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound piece of skirt steak
- To a large re-sealable bag, add 4 smashed garlic cloves, fresh oregano, salt, pepper, extra-virgin olive oil, lime juice, and sugar.
- Add skirt steak, seal the bag and move the steak around, making sure it is submerged in the mixture.
- Place the bag in a large glass bowl to store in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When the steak has finished marinating, remove it from the plastic bag and place it on a hot grill pan.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side.