Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro, Lime, and Peanuts
The style of the dish is Vietnamese, but the shrimp is pure Louisiana. Just grill until pink, and toss with a peanut-and-lime sauce.
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound (about 15) jumbo shrimp, shells on
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- Zest limes into a bowl. Squeeze in juice from 1 lime, and whisk in fish sauce and sugar.
- Preheat grill to high. Brush shrimp with oil on both sides, and lightly season with salt and pepper. Grill until pink and firm to the touch, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Toss shrimp with fish-sauce mixture, cilantro, peanuts, and scallions. Juice remaining lime over shrimp.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: