Individual Dark Chocolate Pudding Cakes
FOR THE BATTER
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) white chocolate, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
1. Make the batter: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Stir together butter, sugar, and vanilla in another medium bowl. Stir in flour mixture and milk, then the chocolate.
3. Make the topping: Stir sugars in a small bowl, smoothing any lumps. Sift in cocoa powder; stir to combine.
4. Place 3 ramekins (each 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 1/2 inches deep) on a baking sheet. Pour in batter. Sprinkle with topping. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water into each. Bake until set, 25 to 28 minutes. Top with ice cream; serve immediately.