Japanese Cabbage Salad
Serve this fresh and simple salad with heavier Japanese fare, such as Tonkatsu, for a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon white or yellow miso paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar (seasoned)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 6 cups thinly shredded green cabbage
- Garnish: toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, whisk together miso paste, soy sauce, lime zest and juice, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and safflower oil.
- Toss cabbage with dressing and serve garnished with sesame seeds.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: