Kale Slaw with Peanut Dressing
An untraditional take on coleslaw, this salad has thinly sliced kale tossed with crunchy bell pepper and carrot slices. The slaw is finished with a salty peanut dressing and adds a fresh, vibrant note to your barbecue plate.
- 2 large bunches curly kale, center ribs discarded, very thinly sliced crosswise (about 10 cups)
- 1 yellow, orange, or red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, halved crosswise and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, plus 1/4 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Toss kale, bell pepper, and carrots in a large bowl.
- Puree vegetable oil, cider vinegar, salted peanuts, light-brown sugar, and coarse salt in a blender until smooth.
- Pour dressing over vegetables just before serving. Sprinkle with salted peanuts, coarsely chopped.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: