Korean Cucumber Pickle
The longer the cucumbers have to soak up the flavors of the marinade the more delicious they will be.
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 Israeli or Kirby cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 scallion, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- In a shallow dish whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, salt, and cayenne. Add the cucumber, scallion, and garlic. Stir to combine. Press down and spread out cucumbers in dish. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour but up to 2 days.