Steaming the shellfish in a red curry sauce imparts just a hint of spice.
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, beards removed and scrubbed clean
- 12 cilantro sprigs, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir curry paste into garlic and ginger and continue to cook 1 minute more. Add coconut milk, salt, and pepper to skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add mussels to skillet, cover, and cook just until mussels open, 2-3 minutes. Transfer mussels to a large serving bowl with a slotted spoon. Pour coconut curry sauce over mussels, garnish with cilantro and lime and serve immediately.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: