Meal-in-One Cast Iron Pork Chops
Swirling butter into the pan sauce of the savory-sweet pork chops makes smoother and richer.
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick (about 3 pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (1 pound) trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Salt and pepper the chops on both sides. Swirl in olive oil and add chops to the skillet. Sear both sides, about 3 minutes each, to brown. Add anchovies to the center of the pan and allow them to melt.
- Deglaze the pan with wine. Add the chicken stock, broccoli rabe, and raisins to the pan. Transfer to the oven. Cook until the chops register 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the chops and broccoli rabe to a serving platter.
- Optional pan sauce: Return pan to stovetop and reduce by half. Swirl in butter and pour over chops.