Parsnip, Pear, and Potato Puree
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 russet potato (about 12 ounces), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a medium saucepan, combine parsnips and potato. Add enough water to cover and cook for 20 minutes. Drain in a colander.
- In two batches, puree half the parsnip-potato mixture, half the pear, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon butter, and half the heavy cream in a food processor, pulsing until smooth. Repeat process and combine both batches in saucepan. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and Cognac. Serve warm.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: