Roasting crushed pineapple with brown sugar creates a delicious flavoring for ice cream-seltzer floats.
- 2 (8-ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained, syrup reserved
- 3 tablespoons packed dark-brown sugar
- 1 quart best-quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 liter club soda
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place drained pineapple on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with brown sugar. Cook until just golden, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool completely.
- Divide pineapple evenly among 8 serving glasses. Top with 2 teaspoons syrup and 2 scoops ice cream. Fill with club soda. Drizzle with remaining syrup.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: