Asiago cheese in the chicken dumplings adds an Italian touch to wonton soup.
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (from a roasted or poached chicken)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated aged Asiago, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus 8 fresh leaves
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 16 square wonton skins (3 1/2 inches), thawed if frozen
- 8 cups homemade chicken stock (or store-bought broth)
- Stir chicken, cheese, chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and eggs in bowl and set aside.
- Roll out 2 wonton wrappers on a lightly floured surface to 4 1/2-inch squares. Place a tablespoon of chicken filling in center of a wrapper. Place 1 parsley leaf on top of filling. Moisten edges of wrapper with water and a wet pastry brush. Top with other wrapper. Press edges with fork tines to seal. Repeat to make 8 ravioli.
- Bring chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot. Season the chicken stock with salt and pepper to taste. Add the ravioli, one at a time, and cook 2 minutes. Divide stock and ravioli evenly between 4 serving bowls (8 serving bowls if serving as a first course).
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: