Forget jarred salsa -- this simple mixture of tomatoes, onions, chiles, and cilantro tastes amazingly fresh and couldn't be easier.
- 4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 serrano or jalapeno chiles, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup water
- Coarse salt
- Stir together tomatoes, onion, chiles, cilantro, water, and 2 1/2 teaspoons salt. Season with more salt to taste.
Adjust the amount and type of chiles to make this salsa mild, medium, or hot, as you like. Salsa can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.