Sauteed Corn and Edamame
Prepare this simple, tasty side dish in a pinch by keeping frozen corn and edamame handy in the freezer.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large shallot, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (1/3 cup)
- 16 ounces frozen edamame
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When oil shimmers, add shallots and saute until golden, 2 minutes.
2. Add edamame, corn, salt, and pepper and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are heated through and browned in places, about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat; stir in basil and remaining tablespoon oil and serve.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: