- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds scallops, cleaned and patted dry (about 30)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt-packed capers, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg, optional
- Preheat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in skillet. When foam subsides, add scallops in a single layer, being careful not to crowd pan. Season scallops with salt and cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes.
- Flip scallops and continue cooking until scallops are firm to the touch, about 1 minute more. Transfer scallops to a serving platter.
- Add vinegar, capers, raisins, and parsley to skillet and cook, 30 seconds.
- Stir in remaining tablespoon butter and lemon juice. Remove from heat and pour over scallops. Grate nutmeg over scallops and serve immediately.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: