Simple Arugula Salad
If you can't find mache (lamb's lettuce), you can substitute endive leaves in this peppery side salad that's the perfect accompaniment to Lemon-Thyme Chicken Paillards.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bunches baby arugula, about 6 cups
- 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces, about 3 cups
- 2 cups mache (about 1 ounce), or 2 endives, leaves separated
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Whisk lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- To serve, toss arugula, radicchio, mache, and tomatoes in a large, chilled bowl with just enough dressing to lightly coat.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: