Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Every turkey dinner (and leftover turkey sandwich) needs some form of cranberry sauce—even if it’s just the classic one on the back of the fresh cranberry package. But this spicy version is also a great accompaniment for any plain roast chicken or pork dish.
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium orange, washed and dried
- 1 lemon, washed and dried
- 3 cups fresh cranberries (1 12-ounce package)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place 1/2 cup of the water in a blender jar. Cut the orange and lemon into eighths, keeping the peel but removing all seeds.
- Blend half the orange and lemon pieces for 10 seconds. Add half the cranberries and blend just until the mixture is a coarse chop. Place in a saucepan. Repeat with the remaining water, orange and lemon wedges, and cranberries, and add the mixture to the pan.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves to the pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the sugar is dissolved and the flavors blend. Cool to room temperature and serve.