Strawberry-Vanilla Ice Cream Cake
- 2 pints strawberries, washed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 28-ounce carton vanilla ice cream
- Vanilla cookies, for serving
1. Puree the strawberries with the sugar and balsamic vinegar.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch glass plate with plastic wrap. Pour in the strawberry mixture and freeze until barely firm, about 2 hours. Meanwhile remove the ice cream from the freezer to soften up.
3. Spread the softened ice cream over the firm puree and cover. Freeze until both are firm. To serve, turn out onto a platter, flip to place strawberries on bottom, and cut in squares. Serve each square with a vanilla cookie.