Sweet Ricotta with Chocolate
Ricotta cheese is lightly sweetened and mixed with chopped dark chocolate. Dip into it with your favorite store-bought biscotti or bake a batch of sturdy homemade cookies. A platter of fresh fruit, such as grapes and peaches, adds a light element to the meal.
- 2 pounds ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts or raisins (optional)
- 1 box store-bought biscotti, for serving
- Fresh seasonal fruit, such as grapes and peaches, for serving
- Put ricotta in a large fine sieve set over a large bowl; let drain 20 minutes. Discard liquid. Transfer ricotta to a serving bowl. Stir in sugar until smooth. Fold in chocolate. Ricotta mixture can be refrigerated, covered, up to 8 hours. Stir in nuts or raisins, if desired, before serving. Serve with biscotti and fruit.