Yuca with Mojo Sauce
- 2 pounds yuca (about 2 yuca)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, well minced
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
1. Peel and halve the yuca roots. Place yuca in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook or it will get slimy/mushy. When cooked, let sit in the warm water until ready to serve.
2. Meanwhile, make Mojo sauce. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and remaining teaspoon salt and cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and whisk in the juice of one lemon.
3. Drain yuca and transfer to serving dish. Drizzle Mojo over top and serve warm.