Yuca with Mojo Sauce
Yuca is a root vegetable that is a great alternative to potatoes, if you're in the mood for something different.
- 2 pounds yuca (about 2 yuca)
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, well minced
- 1/2 small white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
1. Peel and halve the yuca roots. Place yuca in a large pot with 1 teaspoon salt and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until just tender. Do not overcook or it will get slimy/mushy. When cooked, let sit in the warm water until ready to serve.
2. Meanwhile, make Mojo sauce. Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Add garlic, onion, and remaining teaspoon salt and cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat and whisk in the juice of one lemon.
3. Drain yuca and transfer to serving dish. Drizzle Mojo over top and serve warm.
Need help with the ingredients? Check our pantry list: