Recipes from Today’s Show: Easy Pantry Recipes
TODAY on MHTV: When there’s “nothing in the house to eat,” I turn to my pantry. With some pantry staples, meals can be put on the table in minutes, no take out or grocery shopping needed — and that’s what this meal is all about. A few cans of tuna and tomatoes make this excellent pasta dish that comes together in minutes. My tomato, avocado, and cilantro salad makes for a quick side, and my busy-day chocolate cake couldn’t be simpler — it’s mixed, baked, frosted, and served all in the same pan! More from the show.
Get the recipes from this episode:
Tuna Tomato Pasta
Busy-Day Chocolate Cake
Tomato, Avocado, and Cilantro Salad
Get the recipes from the 11:30 a.m. ET show: Chicken Fricassee
Watch ”Mad Hungry with Lucinda Scala Quinn” Mondays at 11:30 a.m. ET/10:30 a.m. CT, Tuesdays through Fridays at 11 a.m. ET and 11:30 a.m. ET on Hallmark Channel.
Categorised in: Recipes
For the ‘Tuna Tomato Pasta’ the recipe states 2 cans of tomatoes (no size given) but on the show Lucinda only uses 1 large can. Can you please tell me which is correct?
I love all of your recipes, BUT, I can not eat bell peppers, I don’t like raw onions or fresh tomato. I know I should learn to like but at 67 years old I don’t want to. How about some recipes that can be adjusted for us that can’t or don’t like all foods??
You did a baked banana on a show this wk but the recipe is not posted, I believe it was with the chicken fricasee. It looked good and I wanted to try it.
AT sharon– Lucinda used 2 large cans on the show. Also at Karen Baked Bananas
• 2 bananas
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1 tablespoon dark rum
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel the bananas and slice in half lengthwise. Lay the pieces into a buttered 9-by-13-by-2-inch ovenproof dish. Pour the lime juice and rum evenly over the bananas. Sprinkle on the cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Dot on the butter, if using, and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Serve hot, topped with a tablespoon of fresh cream or ice cream
Found it on the website.
THANK YOU for the baked banana recipe, I looked and couldn’t find it…….thanks again